Welcome to LPSC! If you are looking at our U4 through U6 programming you might be brand new to the world of recreational soccer or you are a returning parent! Either way, we’re happy to have you here!
We offer two program options for our younger players that focus on the very basics of soccer. We believe it’s important to teach the fundamentals to not only our players, but to our coaches as well.
LPSC Tiny Tots with Sacramento Republic FC
Brand new for our Fall 2023 programming, we are introducing Tiny Tots soccer for children born in 2019 and 2020. This program is one day a week on Fridays. You can choose from one of two sessions, 4:00 pm to 4:40 pm and 4:50 pm to 5:30 pm.
The children will work with skilled trainers from SRFC who specialize in helping young children get a feel for the game of soccer. Parents are invited to participate in mini games and skill building drills.
Dates for this program will be Jul 21, 2023 to Sep 8, 2023. All Tiny Tot participants are also invited to Picture Day 2023 on Sep 10, 2023.
Registration will be $80 a player and will begin Apr 1, 2023.
If you have any questions regarding this program please contact our age group coordinator at [email protected]
Our U6 program is back and revamped based on feedback we received from parents and coaches.
In 2023, children born in 2018 are eligible to participate in our U6 program. Players will be assigned to teams of no more than 15 players. Each team will have two to three coaches. Practices will be two days a week based on the coach’s preference. We will have Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday practices. Registering players will be able to request coaches and other players to play with. Please note that we will do our best to accommodate these requests.
Teams are single gender. On game day, each team will be divided into two teams consisting of 4 players plus substitutes for each game. The two teams will play 4v4 games simultaneously on two parallel fields. This is how we also run our U8 program, and our goal is to better prepare our coaches and players for the U8 experience by making a similar environment in U6.
Games will be 32 minutes in length; divided into four 8 minute quarters. There will be a 5 minute break between quarters. Games will be held on Saturday mornings.
The season will start August 7, 2023 with the first game on Aug 12, 2023. The season will run for 10 weeks. Registration will be $120 a player and will start on April 1, 2023.
- Purchased from Capelli Sport – instructions for ordering will be sent out after registration.
- Soccer cleats or good fitting running shoes
- No boots, slippers, rain boots, or barefeet.
- Shin guards
- Water bottle
- Size 3 ball
U6 Coaches will receive instruction from Sacramento Republic FC trainers as follows:
- Weeks one and two: Practice will be assisted by an SRFC trainer who will provide drills, skill building games, and coach support. This may be based on staff availability, if your team does not receive direct instruction for both weeks, make up sessions will happen during week three.
- Weeks three through seven: The first practice of each week will be assisted by an SRFC trainer who will continue to provide coach support and assist with drills and skill building games.
- Weeks seven through ten: SRFC will step back at this time and allow the coaches to continue on using the skills and knowledge that they have learned throughout the first seven weeks.
If you have any questions about the U6 Program – please contact our age group coordinator at [email protected]